The Logistics Performance Index (LPI) is a ranking on how well countries ship to other countries. The ranking is based on scoring in multiple categories:
- Customs: How efficient the border clearance processes is by border agencies and customs.
- Infrastructure: The quality of infrastructure used to transport products (roads, ports, rail, etc.).
- International Shipments: How easily competitive shipment pricing can be arranged.
- Logistics Competence: Quality of the logistics services.
- Tracking & Tracing: How well shipments can be tracked and traced.
- Timeliness: Timeliness of shipments arriving to their destination in the specified delivery time.